Welcome to the Wordlady blog!

This blog is about the fascinating, fun, and challenging things about the English language. I hope to entertain you and to help you with problems or just questions you might have with spelling and usage. I go beyond just stating what is right and what is wrong, and provide some history or some tips to help you remember. Is something puzzling you? Feel free to email me at wordlady.barber@gmail.com.
You can also order my best-selling book of over 500 intriguing word histories, Six Words You Never Knew Had Something to do With Pigs. It's a fun read!

Monday, June 23, 2014

British Left Waffles on Falklands

and other unintentionally ambiguous headlines:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/magazine/31FOB-onlanguage-t.html?ref=magazine&_r=1&

2 comments:

  1. The best ambiguous headline I have seen, and have the cutting in my possession, is from the London "Daily Telegraph" of a few years ago - " Cuts in hospital chaplains attacked by Archbishop "

    ReplyDelete