Hebrew and Yiddish words have enriched the English language for much longer than you may think, and continue to do so. From messiah to maven, sabbath to schnook, English wouldn’t be the same without its Jewish heritage. Whether you are familiar with Hebrew and Yiddish or not, this fun lecture will open your ears to an important source of English vocabulary.
Lecture, discussion, and visual presentation
- Day: Thursday, May 24th, 2018
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Room 124, Leeds House Building, Carleton University, Ottawa
- Fee: $30.00 (HST included)
- Enrollment capacity: 55 participants
Carleton University parking passes are available for purchase at the time of registration. The parking pass fees (including HST) are $6.00 for each one time evening lecture held on campus.
Registration begins on Tuesday, January 30th, at 9:00 a.m.
Additional registration details can be found on the website: carleton.ca/linr/